Thursday, June 26, 2008

Rain, Rain & More Rain


It rains everyday here lately. When I leave to go to work in the morning it's sunny. Yep, sunny. I used to leave in the dark but since I've changed jobs I leave during the daylight and come home during the daylight. The coming home during the daylight will be another thing when winter comes back, I'm sure.
Actually, my hours are as flexible as I want them to be as long as I get my work done. Gotta love it.
Back to the rain. It seems to be raining here while I'm at work because I come home to a wet sidewalk. Today, it appeared that someone powerwashed the porch on the west side of the house since even the wall was wet up to the "roof ceiling". It was also rather wet inside the house. Not a usual occurance since the porch is 12' wide and 49' long. Normally the rain wouldn't make it in through the windows. I heard on the news that we had straight-line winds from the west which would explain that.
So, since it's been raining almost every day in about 2 weeks the grass is almost up to my armpits. Well, I'm not quite that short. It's probably about 12" tall now. Good thing we have a heavy-duty professional-grade mower. Too bad I couldn't operate it. I should just buy sheep or borrow someone else's.
A business idea!
Sheep rental for an environmentally-friendly lawn service.
I've got a registered DBA, maybe that's what I can use it for.
No, alpacas.
Decisions, decisions.

No comments: